Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Free day ...

Total spending for the day? Nothing, suckers! I'm getting good at this shit.

Tues 5/22/12: $0 for squat. (+$10)

But don't think you're going to get away with only reading that good news. After "constructive" conversation with my dearest friend, Sharon, I've decided to make this blog a little more exciting.

I'm not going to say I'm making a schedule for creative posts, (because God knows I can barely manage to just write about spending), but I will now be adding cheap outing ideas and recipes that last for days. (Seriously, I made a pasta salad last week that I ate for three lunches in a row.)

So here's my first (and favorite) free activity to do in this city:

Sunset on the bluffs
Or as my friend Laura likes to call it, "Beers at Hipster Park."




As an unofficial offshoot, of Overlook Park, the bluffs are definitely a gathering point in NE. You're almost guaranteed to see someone you know there.

There's a reason for that, though. The park overlooks the river, facing West, so you can catch the sun going down over the hills. There's a pretty stellar view of the cityscape to the south, and a nice grimy vibe from the industry happening below the bluffs and to the north. (Plus, you can watch tugboats float by. Oh wait, that may only be interesting to me.)

As most people ride their bikes there, it's totally acceptable (and presumed that you will) stash a few beers in your messenger bag.


So, besides the cheap beer stashed in your bag, this event costs nada. Now only if the sun would reappear ...

1 comment:

  1. Okay Rhi, I want to start tracking with you. How can I do this? I want to post my spending daily so that someone else helps hold me accountable. Should I start my own blog?

    Mon May 21-- $12
    Tues May 22-- $6
    Wednes May 23-- $3.50
    Thurs May 24-- $7

    And that's just money EATING OUT!
    How do you do the $10 a day thing. I need to kick my ass into gear around this.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete