Friday, May 11, 2012

Details ...

After airing my challenge to my peers, my friend Stephanie made a good point I've been struggling with myself:

How do groceries and gas factor into my budget?

I was hoping I would be able to include both of those into my $10 limit, but the more I did the math, the less feasible it seemed. I spend approximately $25/wk on gas and $40/wk on groceries. That's pretty much my weekly allowance. However, these are staples, so I'm now considering factoring them into my monthly bill budget.

On the other hand, I think I'm going to attempt to work groceries into my ten-a-day limit, on a trial basis. I will just have to shop more carefully and completely eliminate eating out on weekdays. No more trips to Subway or Whole Foods on my lunch break. 

Today's spending? ZERO, so far! Don't get too excited though. It is Friday, and it's been a looong week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment